After completion of this course, you should be able to
- Understand the history, current status and challenges of liver transplantation.
- Enlist the current indications, contraindications, delisting criteria, and timing for transplantation.
- Comprehend the use of liver transplantation in specific conditions such as acute liver failure and malignancies.
- Evaluate the patient condition before transplant, including etiology and severity of illness.
- Deduce the specifics of donor selection and management, as well as procedural details, including liver preservation.
- Understand the special variants of liver transplant procedure including APOLT, Domino, ABOi and SLK.
- Comprehend the post-transplant management with immunosuppression, early and late complications and renal failure.
Who Should take up this course ?
Primary audience: General surgeons, Liver transplant surgeons, Hepatobiliary surgeons, Hepatologists, Critical Care specialists.
Secondary audience: Fellows in general surgery and liver transplant, Fellows in Hepatology, General Physicians and interested professionals from allied specialties.
Dr. Vivekanandan Shanmugam
M.B.B.S; MRCS; FRCS
Lead Surgeon, Liver Transplant, SIMS,Chennai
Liver transplantation is a highly sophisticated surgical intervention to replace a diseased liver with a whole or partial healthy liver. This life saving procedure is currently the only treatment option for patients with end stage liver disease. Such a technically advanced procedure requires in-depth understanding not only of the major procedural advancements, but also the finer details that can significantly impact the clinical outcomes of the procedure.
This specialized course has been planned with utmost consideration to all aspects of the disease as well as the procedure. From the basics such as indications and contraindications to the practical details of the procedure, this course will strengthen your overall understanding about the procedure. The course provides specific, to-the-point, information such as pre-transplant evaluation, donor selection and evaluation, as well as post-transplant evaluation and management of complications. This extensive course will enhance your competence in liver transplant procedures.
Module 7Pretransplant evaluation & optimization 3: Nutritional assessment and optimization
- Donor Selection and Management
- The Donor Operation & Principles of Liver Preservation
- Recipient Hepatectomy and Grafting
- Technical Complications during & after surgery
- Induction and Maintenance of Immunosuppression & to
- Rejection after Liver transplantation
- Brief introduction to Special Variants in Liver transplantation (APOLT; Split LT; Reduced grafts)
- Brief introduction to Special Variants in Liver transplantation (Domino; Swap; ABOi; SLK)
- Postoperative Intensive Care of the liver transplant recipient
Module 8Renal Failure in the transplant recipient
Module 9Infections After Transplantation
Module 10Late Complications and Recurrence of Disease After Transplantation
Online pre-informed streaming of Laparoscopic Surgeries will be arranged for candidates during their contact sessions. The candidates are required to attend & observe the surgeries from their place online and get their queries answered online.
Program will have an online summative assessment with 30 multiple choice questions on completion of all online modules.
A 'Certificate of Achievement' will be issued after a successful score of more than 60% in the summative assessment.
- INR 10,000 */- Inclusive of GST payable on submission of application (Non-refundable).
- INR 40,000 */- Inclusive of GST payable on approval of your application
- All above mentioned fees are in INR and applicable only in SAARC countries and Africa. Conversion and bank charges for international payments will be additional.
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/ Letter from HOD
* Address Proof (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK).
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
Once you complete the enrolment process, you will be provided with a unique enrolment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrolment, please feel free to call us on +91 9686199051 or write to us on email@example.com.
It is a blended learning program with online modules and an observership program which will be notified to you. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. The program is available for a duration of 3 months from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
All assessments are online and MCQ based. Successful completion of which will make you eligible for certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 3 months from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This training course will help you enhance your knowledge on managing Coronary artery Disease. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No, We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes, you may ask questions on the platform, which will be answered by the faculty as early as possible.
There is no Observership or hands on to this program.